We tested the iNavx iPad navigation app as part of our test of various iPad navigation apps. The app itself is free App Free • Maps cost £ 46.38 ($69.99) • Vector charts • Navionics cartography
Our review of the iNavx iPad app
• Intuitive and simple icons make it easy to determine the position of the vessel on the map, and see COG, SOG and errors in horizontal movement
• Maps are updated fairly quickly.
• Weather information is well displayed.
• There is a port search option.
• Good display of maps.
• You cannot plan a route on the display simply by touching the screen and dragging a point with your finger.
• The existing way of building a route is very inconvenient and complicated in comparison with other applications.
• Once the route has been built, it is not easy to add new points to it.
• Too confusing system of loading new maps.
INavx navigation app for iPad can read and understand raster and vector maps, making this application versatile. This navigator is popular in the United States, where most of the popular maps for the East Coast are raster maps. Unlike most other navigators, this one is capable of reading different formats and overlaying GRIB files with weather forecast on top of the map.
If you are looking for a navigator that you can integrate with your other navigators on board, this is a good choice, especially if you can customize the picture you want on your display.
But in Europe (at least in our test) this navigator only works with maps Navionicsthat can be downloaded on the site fugawi.comFor this reason, loading maps is not an easy task compared to other navigators.
INavx navigation app for iPad
We tried, but we didn't like this system. If you have already used navigator and maps Navionics, which is cheaper, easier and more understandable, you find it difficult to return to something more expensive and complex. There are other simpler and more convenient iPad navigators.
Navigation application iNavx may be popular in the US, but we don't understand why anyone in Europe would prefer this system.
The links below show test reports from seven navigation apps for yachtsmen
- iPad navigator tested: 7 Navigation Apps Report
- Navionics HD - The best system to buy • vector maps • the application is developed for all regions of the charter, prices differ depending on the region
- iSailor - Yachting World Recommends • Transas • free app. Maps differ in content and price
- Imray iPad app - Imray cartography • Raster maps • free app. Cards £ 29.99
- Plan2Nav - Jeppesen C Map • Cartography C Map • Vector Maps • Free App. Cards £ 26.99
- Garmin - BlueChart mapping • vector maps • free app. Cards £ 39.99 North West Europe
- iNavx - Vector maps • Navionics cartography • free app. Cards £ 46.38
- Memory Map - Raster maps • Free application. Cards £ 25 UK and Ireland
A source: Yachting world
News and articles
Interparus in touch! We decided to briefly talk about the important events of our team and shipyards. We visited the exhibition and learned about new sanctions from large shipyards. Let's talk about this!Read more…
A dream yacht cruise in Greece and the Aegean includes anchorage at a nice yacht marina in Athens. And the capital of one of the most popular countries in Europe for yacht charter never ceases to amaze us every year. With its stunning locations and rich history, Athens is one of a kind. Explore the best yacht marinas in Athens, as well as the Cyclades and Saronic Islands, and get ready for an unforgettable sailing charter!Read more…