We tested iSailor as part of a trial of many popular navigation apps developed for iPad • Transas • Vector charts • iSailor pricing £ 11.99 with UK maps, £ 17.49 South Baltic Sea, £ 17.49 Spanish Mediterranean Coast
Our iSailor report
- Everything is very clear, easy to read, not cluttered display.
- Clear and easily visible information about the upcoming route and navigation situation.
- It is extremely easy to define a new route.
- At night, an appropriate screen illumination is offered.
- There is an additional option for AIS, anchor signaling.
- High speed of flipping cards.
- Additional maps are easily loaded on the way.
- Clear indication of the ship's position.
- Global coverage.
- There are a huge number of different cards that vary widely in price, if you need full UK coverage it is expensive.
- There is no up-to-date tide data, no weather data.
- During our test, the track record was erratic.
iSailor navigation app for iPad
ISailor navigation app for iPad contains clear, easy-to-read maps, with an additional window that shows the current coordinates of the yacht in longitude and latitude, course, distance, XTE and ETA, without the need to completely change the display. There are other nice features in the app, you can load and unload route data, there is an alarm at the anchorage (which is triggered if the anchor is crawling, you can easily plan hikes ashore, and for an additional £ 6.99 you can unlock the additional AIS option to automatically transfer the ship's position via TCP protocol.
These maps are expensive in case you need to cover a large region: £ 11.99 costs one folder with maps of the UK region, 18 folders in total, the cost of the folders is also different. But if you are walking in the same area, for example on the West Coast and Southern Ireland, both folders can be bought for £ 11.99 South Mediterranean Coast of France £ 17.49, the prices of such individual cards are significantly cheaper than the full set of all cards for each country, or region.
Surprisingly, maps are extremely easy and fast to download, even through the mobile Internet they can be bought and downloaded via Apple iTunes.
These maps are simple to understand and easy to use, both while sailing and when planning a route - all this is the undoubted advantage of this application. Everything you need to sail is displayed.
The links below show test reports from seven navigation apps for yachtsmen
- iPad navigator tested: 7 Navigation Apps Report
- Navionics HD - The best system to buy • vector maps • the application is developed for all regions of the charter, prices differ depending on the region
- iSailor - Yachting World Recommends • Transas • free app. Maps differ in content and price
- Imray iPad app - Imray cartography • Raster maps • free app. Cards £ 29.99
- Plan2Nav - Jeppesen C Map • Cartography C Map • Vector Maps • Free App. Cards £ 26.99
- Garmin - BlueChart mapping • vector maps • free app. Cards £ 39.99 North West Europe
- iNavx - Vector maps • Navionics cartography • free app. Cards £ 46.38
- Memory Map - Raster maps • Free application. Cards £ 25 UK and Ireland
A source: Yachting world
News and articles
While new materials are being prepared about sanctions, significant historical events and yachting in general, we believe that it's time to take a breath. For a long time we did not do mini-reviews on shoes. Well, it's time! Three pairs of shoes that will appeal to many. Like the model you like and at the end we will find out which pair was the choice of our readers.Read more…