VETUS is proud to present a completely redesigned range of M-Line, yacht diesel engines! This series is the best product as a result of improvements and innovations.
Truly innovative, ready for the future!
The range of remanufactured marine diesels for the M-Line is impressive. With new features, a modern look and added benefits, the new M-Line will meet future market demands.
Brand new top cover
Engine heating can easily go up to 70 ° C. This temperature inside the engine can adversely affect its performance and installed equipment.
VETUS has developed an elegant and efficient solution by installing a water-cooled aluminum top cover. Located just above the top of the cylinder, the huge cooling element absorbs the radiated heat from the engine. This innovative concept results in a significant temperature reduction of up to 15 ° C - by 20%!
The robust aluminum top cover also reduces noise levels. Combined with the new air filter housing, tests show an acoustic insulation of about 5 dB (A) and a "near-silent" engine operation at a yacht cruising speed of about 2,200 rpm. Those at the test site enthusiastically described the engine sound as incredibly more pleasing to the ear.
Building on the collective experience, the redesigned M-Line includes many new features designed to make life easier for both the boat designer and yachtsman:
• Spare parts such as fuses and relays for the fuel filter and fuel connections, impeller, dipstick and oil filter are readily available. On all M4 engines, the impeller is at the front for easier access
• Wiring has been improved offering easy wiring and added security
• All M-Line engines are equipped with an electric fuel pump driven by an ignition switch
• New intake air filter housing reduces air flow and reduces intake air noise
• The heat exchanger block has 26 improvements, including materials and surface treatment
• Plastic front cover improves safety and appearance. All pulleys and belts are covered, thus meeting the requirements of the EC Machinery Directive
• Front-mounted oil and fuel filters including stand are accessible for maximum serviceability
• When a higher charge is required, a second generator can be installed on all M4 engines (when a second generator is installed, the front cover is not installed)
• Last but not least, the water-cooled top cover not only lowers the temperature around the engine, but also makes the engine easier to operate
M-Line Engines will be presented at the yacht show HISWA in Amsterdam (September 2-9)
News and articles
On August 27, 1966, Sir Francis Chichester departed from Plymouth, UK on his 53-foot yacht, the Gipsy Moth IV, and returned after 226 days of sailing on May 28, 1967, circumnavigating the globe with just one stop in Sydney, Australia ... Francis Chichester became the first person to circumnavigate the world solo voyage from West to East across the great capes.Read more…
Sailing champion and racing team founder Alex Thomson was interviewed by the British Evening Standard, talking about his business, sports, fears and victories, and how to succeed not only in sports, but also in the family.Read more…
Six brand new J / 70 yachts from our partner Mittelmann's Werft set sail for Stamberg. Upon arrival, they will be dressed up again and ready for their first show and start: Stamberg, 1st German sailing team event 2016.Read more…