Kicker has a big advantage over simple guys: thanks to an integrated spring or even a full-fledged gas shock absorber, the boom with a kicker can not only be pulled down, but also serve as a support.
Thanks to this trim function, the boom can be raised up on a forewind heading so that the sail profile is fuller, thereby increasing thrust. In addition, you can opt out of the gikatopenant, as the kicker has sufficient support for the boom.
1) The kicker consists of two profiles with hoists inserted into each other
2) Sling for mounting on the base of the mast
3) Mount for the boom
4) Guide slide of the inner profile (a) and the pulley in the attachment to the boom, through which the cable runs to the hoist (b)
5) Cable guides in the inner profile
6) The place of attachment of the gas shock absorber
7) Gas shock absorber
8) Bushing for limiting the travel of the gas shock absorber
News and articles
Good day! Interparus is in touch. Fresh news arrived, we hasten to share!Read more…
Life on the SV Devlos sailboat looks like a dream. A company of cheerful young people travels to exotic countries, experiences exciting adventures, maintains their blog, and even brews moonshine on their yacht.Read more…
“Don't make me a wolf in sheep's clothing. Build me a beast "Read more…